Starting January 2, 2021 we are excited to offer the Casita Movers & Shakers Club! In an effort to encourage everyone to move more, we want to incentivize your moving and shaking by creating an exercise community of local people who want to help each other get fit!
Joining the Casita Movers & Shaker Club is free and easy. Simply visit Casita Brewing Company and register with one of our staff members.
To successfully complete the challenge, you need only to exercise 10 times in one of the following ways and bring your punch card to Casita to get it punched.
1. Walk our block. One lap around the block we’re on is half a mile. Bring your pooch, your favorite human or both and do 4 laps (2 miles) around the block and then bring your card in to get it punched. FREE
2. Run the block. Run or jog four laps (2 miles) around our block. Then bring your card in to get it punched. FREE
3. Join the Casita Run Club Wednesday nights at 6:00pm and join them for a run. Then bring your card in to get it punched. FREE
4. Complete the Whirligig Circuit. This is a specially designed workout that incorporates various features in the Whirligig Park. Complete the Whirligig Circuit and come in to get it punched. FREE
5. Take the Speed Walking Challenge. One lap around the outermost paved area of the Whirligig Park is one quarter of a mile. See how many laps you can walk in 30 minutes. Then bring your card in to get it punched. FREE
6. Don’t drive to Casita! Walk, jog, run, or bike to Casita and back home again. Come in and get your card punched. FREE
7. Take an exercise class offered by Dance Studio B—our neighbor who is walking distance from the brewery. Get the instructor to initial and date your card, then bring it to Casita to get it punched. There will be a cost to participate determined by the instructor.
8. Take a class offered by an instructor at Casita. There will be some classes held at Casita. There will be a cost to participate determined by the instructor. After class, come get your card punched!
9. Take a class offered by Wilson Parks & Recreation. They have pool classes, Whirligig Park Pavilion classes, and classes at the Greater Wilson Rotary Park. There will be a cost to participate in these classes determined by the instructor. Get the instructor to initial and date your card and then bring it to Casita to get it punched.
10. Take a walk, jog, bike ride, or run around one of our many public parks here in Wilson! Six laps at Lane Street Park (2 miles), one lap at Lake Wilson Park (2 miles), Four laps at Greater Wilson Rotary Park (2 miles), Eight laps at Westwood Park (2 miles). To get credit for these trails use your favorite mileage tracker app and bring it in to show the staff and get your card punched. FREE
11. Swim laps at the Rec Center pool. There will be a cost associated with using this facility. Get the lifeguard on duty to sign and date your punch card and then bring it in to Casita to get it punched.
As you can see, there are a lot of options for ways to work out! You can do any combination of these or the same one ten times! All ten workouts must be completed in the month of January from January 2-31st. You can only get credit for one work out per day. We will order the t-shirts for all the people who successfully completed the challenge on February 1st, and you will be able to pick up your shirt order as soon as it arrives in February.
But what if you want to challenge yourself to work out more than 10 times in the month of January? Each time you complete a workout after the initial 10, you will receive a raffle ticket which will enter you into a drawing for a chance to win a $100 Casita gift card, and that won’t be the only prize. Our Wilson Parks & Recreation Department will also throw in some chances to win vouchers for free classes through Parks & Recreation.
There are only 100 punch cards available so sign up soon!